Our Termite Inspection Brisbane Teams have
conducted 1000's of inspections.
Our Termite Inspection Brisbane office can arrange fast (even same day) inspections! Whether you just need an annual Termite Inspection or you may have discovered active Termites. We have highly experienced, licensed Brisbane based Termite Inspectors ready to give your home a thorough going over.
Our Termite Inspection Brisbane Team knows experience matters. There are several main types of timber destroying termites in Australia and understanding their different characteristics is important. Knowing these nesting, eating and exploring habits gives us a better chance in finding termite activity and potentially where the nest/s are.
Termites favour timber that is high in moisture as they require a damp area to survive. Termites can attack drywood if there is a moisture source nearby such as a leaking pipe. This is why we see most termite damage to wet zones like the laundry, bathroom and kitchen. So detecting moisture is a large part of our inspection. Most homes will hold a safe threshold of moisture which is normal, it's when it goes high we have issues. We use a Thermal Imaging Camera and Scientific Grade Moisture Meter to find these areas of concern during the inspection.
Where Do We Look In A Termite Inspection
Our Termite Inspection Reports are very comprehensive and adhere to Australian Standards 3660.2-2000 for existing buildings. All our Brisbane Termite Inspectors are agile enough to enter the ceiling space and under floor areas (Subfloor) provided it is safe. The ceiling space inspection is vital to a thorough examination and a simple look from the man hole will not suffice.
Areas Included In A White Ant (Termite) Inspection;
- Ceiling Space (provided there is sufficient height and no foil insulation present)
- Timber Elements to the Ceiling Space eg. Trusses, Joists, Battens
- Timber Elements inside the home
- Timber Architraves
- Kitchen and Bathroom Joinery
- Windows, Doors and Door Jambs
- Walls and Floor Coverings
- Timber Elements External
- Non Structural Retaining Walls
- Gardens and Landscaping
- Other yard structures (Sheds, Gazebos etc) no more than 50 metres from main dwelling.
What equipment is used in our Termite Inspection?
A Termite Inspection as defined by Australian Standards is a Visual Inspection only. At Certified Home Services we go one step further by investing in State-Of-The-Art Equipment and modern inspection techniques.
Some of the equipment our Brisbane Termite Inspectors used is;
- Thermal Imaging Camera - For aiding in the detection of moisture throughout the home and may help in the detection of Termites.
- Termatrac T3i - Rated as the world's most effect Termite Detection Tool. Contains Termite Radar
- Acoustic Probe - Used to sound out hollow timbers and assist in finding Termite Damage.
- Scientific Grade Moisture Meter - This unit helps track down areas of the home which are holding moisture and may indicate a bigger issue.
- High Resolution Digital Camera - For taking photos of Areas of Concern for the Termite Inspection Report
- Borescope Camera - Used in Invasive Inspections where this cable camera is feed into the wall or void for further investigation of areas of concern.
- Digital Reporting Software - Field staff are now 100% paperless as all reports are now digital and can be sent to the customer same day!
Get a 12 Month Warranty With Your Termite Inspection
Some customers will be eligible for a 12 Month Inspection Warranty. To get the warranty customers will have to rectify the termite inspectors recommendations relating to the Conduce Environments.
These Conduce Environments will need to be fixed within 30 days of the Inspection and photo's emailed through to [email protected] If you have been notified that your home is eligible and Termites are found on your property then we will do a localised treatment at no charges. For more information contact our Termite Inspection Brisbane office.
This can potentially save you $100's of dollars.
Conducive Environment - What attracts termites to my house
A Conducive Environment is an area around your home that can potentially attract Termites or other Timber Pests. Poor ventilation to subfloors, inadequate drainage, gardens up against homes are just a few. Why these areas of concern are high on radar is because they all are a source of moisture. Where there is moisture is a good sign of where Termites will attack. Remove these Conducive Environments and you lower your termite risk factor. An inspection that looks heavily into conducive environments is our Pest Inspection Report. Used when buying a house, this report goes through not just termites but our timber pests like wood borers and timber decay fungus. It talks about previous termite damage and as also important, future termite activity. More information can be found on our Pest Inspection page.
What about Commercial Buildings?
It's not just your home that termites love. We have seen many commercial buildings under attack. The main emphasis is on home termite protection. We are seeing time and time again termites working themselves in commercial properties. Even concrete prefab warehouses are not safe. Termites can go unnoticed because people are not expecting them to be there. Once seen the damage can is substantial. We have many Brisbane commercial businesses in a pest management program which includes a 6 month pest control treatment and a yearly termite inspection.
The good news is that if termites are found our termite treatment brisbane team can do an effective chemical application. All our Termite treatment work is covered by warranty.
So if you are after a fantastic company to give you a thorough Termite Inspection then contact our Termite Inspection Brisbane Team a call on (1300077133). Licensed for both commercial and home inspections. We hunt for Termites in Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich and on The Gold Coast.